GoPro WiFi BacPac Issues with Communication Solution
If you have purchased the GoPro WiFi BacPac Remote Combo Kit and are experiencing wifi bacpac issues with the components not communicating with each other, please follow the 16 steps below.
Before you start to resolve the wifi BacPac issues, please note that all three devices, i.e. GoPro camera, Wi-Fi BacPac and remote, need to be updated.
- Format your SD card to ensure the memory card is completely clean. After formatting, take a few photos and videos to verify the GoPro camera is functioning as normal.
Please note: To ensure Cineform is able to perform the update you will need a video clip on your SD card. Without a video file the update will not possible.
- Make sure One Button Mode is not enabled. One Button Mode should never be activated when updating your GoPro camera.
- Make sure that the battery on the camera and the remote control are fully charged and powered on whilst updating.
- Disconnect all devices, turn them OFF and back ON. Reconnect the devices to your computer with the power switched ON.
- Try re-launching GoPro Cineform Studio and refreshing the device window.
- To view the device window manually on Windows press ‘Ctrl+D’.
Wifi bacpac issues
- To view the device window manually on Mac select ‘View’ and then ‘Device Window’.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi BacPac is attached to the camera whilst connected to the computer.
- Check that the Wi-Fi BacPac is connected to your computer by the USB port on the BacPac and not the USB port on the camera.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi BacPac has been updated before trying to update the remote control.
- If unable to view devices, try connecting your devices to a different USB port on your computer.
- Try refreshing the device window by clicking on the icon on the bottom left
- (Windows Only) Make sure the USB device drivers have been fully installed and that the devices have been recognised by your computer.
- Connect your devices directly to your computer and not to an external hub.
- Make sure no other USB device/hubs are connected to your computer.
- Verify that the devices are connected to USB 2.0 and NOT USB 3.0.
- Make sure to disable your antivirus/firewall software or to add exceptions for GoPro software.
- A handy final tip from Dogcam Sport is to turn all devices OFF and ON again.
NB. Should the above instructions not resolve the wifi bacpac issues on your GoPro Wi-Fi BacPac you may have a corrupt installation of Cineform. Please do a clean reinstallation of the software with administrator privileges and retry the updates.
Hopefully this will resolve your GoPro wifi bacpac issues and get you up and running.
If you would like any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact Dogcam Sport on 01208 269 159 or GoPro Support directly.